Parents & Spectators Code of Conduct
I agree to:
1. Consider the wellbeing and safety of swimmers before the development of performance.
2. Always promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play)
3. Encourage swimmers to value the performance and not just results.
4. Do not ridicule or shout at a child for making mistakes or losing and race.
5. Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
6. Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
7. Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved in club activities.
8. Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
9. Encourage and guide swimmers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
10. Always remember that the involvement in swimming is for the child NOT YOU!
11. Do not shout or abuse officials. Most officials give their time and effort for your swimmers involvement.
12. Do not shout or abuse coaches or volunteer staff. They give their time and effort to help your swimmers.
13. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.