Officials & Volunteers Code of Conduct
I agree to:
1. Consider the wellbeing and safety of swimmers before the development of performance.
2. Develop an appropriate working relationship with swimmers, based on mutual trust and respect.
3. Always promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play)
4. Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
5. Encourage swimmers to value the performance and not just results.
6. Hold the appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
7. Never consume alcohol immediately before or during training or events.
8. Never condone rule violations or use of prohibited substances.
9. Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance, dressing suitably and not using inappropriate language at any time whilst involved in club activities.
10. Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
11. Never exert undue influence over swimmers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
12. Encourage and guide swimmers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.