New Swimmer Entry Procedure
West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club is a competitive age group swimming Club and welcomes new swimmers to the Club. To ensure swimmers are placed in the correct squads and that squad sizes are not increased beyond capacity the club has set out the following procedures for entry. New swimmers are considered from two categories.
CATEGORY A: Swimmers who will be joining a swimming club for the first time
- We accept swimmers from the Local Leisure Trust Learn to Swim Scheme
- Other local Learn to swim programmes are also encouraged to recommend swimmers for entry to the Club.
- The swimmer will be invited to a trial and the swimmer will be entered into our lowest squad, unless otherwise determined by our Coach.
- A swimmer can apply to the Club for a trial at anytime throughout the year.
CATEGORY B: Swimmers who wish to move to West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club from another club
- We will always do our best to accept swimmers moving from clubs outside the West Dunbartonshire area, since we feel it is our responsibility, as a club, to ensure current swimmers can continue pursuing their sport after a family move. Such swimmers will be invited to a trial and (if successful) entered into the squad appropriate to their experience and ability.
- We will, where possible, accept swimmers from another club in the West Dunbartonshire area who wish to move to West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club If successful at a trial the swimmer will be entered into the squad appropriate to their experience and ability.
The final decision on the allocation of new places and placing in squads lies with the Head Coach.
Upon being offered a place in West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club applicants must complete either a Scottish Amateur Swimming Association (SASA) club membership form (for new swimmers) or a SASA change of club membership form (for swimmers transferring from another Club). This Form together with relevant membership fees (which shall include SASA membership) must be returned to the Clubs Membership Secretary within 14 days of joining the Club. This is important as it ensures swimmers have insurance cover when swimming with the club.
Policy Statement issued by the Management Committee on behalf of West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club.