Grievance Procedure If you are dissatisfied with any matter affecting the Club, i.e. the coaching programme provided by the Club, your role within the club (if any), the swimming programme, general supervision within the club, or any other matter directly affecting the Club’s activities, then you should in the first instance:
- Raise the matter informally with the Club Coach or in his/her absence the President, if it relates to any coaching or training swimming programme or supervision matter.
- If it relates to any other matter affecting the club’s activities raise it informally with any member of the Club Management Group
If you are dissatisfied with the response given or decision made you should raise the matter with the Club Management Committee by writing to the Club Secretary giving details of your concerns and why you are unhappy with the response or decision given.
The Management Committee will normally consider your letter at the first available meeting and will investigate and discuss the matter as required and will undertake to consider and determine all matters as quickly, fairly and as reasonably as possible.
The Management Committee will normally advise you of their decision in writing within 14 days of the meeting and will endeavour also to advise you in writing of any further developments in relation to the grievance raised.
If you are dissatisfied with the Management Committee’s decision, you will have the right to appeal within 14 days of notification and should do this in writing to the Club President.
The Club President will consider the whole matter anew including your letter of appeal and may carry out further investigation or discussion at his/her discretion and will determine the matter by one of the following
- By upholding the original decision.
- By upholding your letter of appeal.
- By substituting his own decision in the matter.
The President will advise you of his decision in writing within 14 days of receiving your letter of appeal.
Policy Statement issued by Management Committee on behalf of West Dunbartonshire Amateur Swimming Club