Athletes Code of Conduct
AIM: To ensure that all athletes involved within the sport of Swimming participate within an agreed philosophy and set of standards.
PRINCIPAL STATEMENT ON ETHICS
Sporting integrity is based on the acceptance of rules, fairness equality, respect for others, moral conduct and a sense of what is right. Scottish sport’s goal is to create a sporting environment where violence, breaking the rules, the abuse of drugs, the lack of fair play and other unethical behaviour are automatically rejected as being irrelevant to the true purpose of sport.
I agree to:
1. abide by the principal statement on Ethics above,
2. practice and play within the spirit of the game/sport,
3. behave with respect to others including coaches, officials, other players, athletes, team manager, spectators,
4. treat all others how I would like to be treated, with integrity,
5. refrain from inappropriate conduct towards others whether, physical, verbal or emotional,
6. set a good example at all times in aspects of dress, punctuality, language, behaviour and respect of equipment and others.