WDASC Club Championships
WDASC CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016
Its that time of year again and we are starting preparations for this years Club Championships.
When: Friday 7th and Saturday 8th October
Where : Vale of Leven Swimming Pool
Friday 7th October – 5pm with last race finished by 9pm
Saturday 8th October – 2pm with last race finished no later than 7:30pm
This year the Committee have decided, after considering concerns raised in the past, to change the format of the Club Championships as follows….
1. The IM event for ALL swimmers will be over 100M.
2. All Swimmers will be seeded. All swimmers will be timed at Timing Nights for each Squad where their times for an event is older than date of 2015 Club Championships or they have no times only. Dates for timing nights will be published shortly.
3. All Heats will be mixed – boys and girls – Places 1-6 will be awarded for each age and gender group.
3. There will be new Club Championships Record recorded for the 100M IM for 11/12yrs, 13/14yrs and 15&above – Boy and Girls.
4. All Heats will be seeded on a swimmers PB.
Other points to note…
Eligibility Reports are now with Squad Reps – Comp 3 are asked to sign up online (available from Monday 4th July).
All swimmers are eligible for ALL events.
All swimmers should note that age for the purpose of these Championships is as at 31st December 2016.
Swimmers are asked to ensure, when signing up, that they are available for the day on which the event entered will be swam.
Deadline for Entry- 5pm Saturday 17th September. This will allow all seeding to be done to allow the Programme to be finalised. Should a late entry be received the Club will do its best to accommodate the entry subject to there being a lane available in the event entered but the swimmer will swim in an available heat and not in accordance with his/her PB. There will be no adjustment of heats where swimmers withdraw after Saturday 25th September and lanes will be empty.
The Meet Information can be found on the Noticeboard and will be posted on our website this weekend. The Programme for the 2 days is contained in this